Food & Drink
Of course, good food is always an important part of the day. Our chefs will ensure that your wedding breakfast is planned, prepared and served to perfection with emphasis on seasonal flavours and local produce. You can choose from our sample menus or, if you prefer, our chefs can develop a menu especially for you to ensure we provide the perfect meal for you special day.
Wholesome food and healthy eating are at the heart of our business. With this in mind we will endeavour to:
- Support and promote local Suffolk farmers and food manufacturers
- Purchase meat from grazed herds and fish from sustainable stocks
- Prepare dishes on the premises from fresh ingredients
- Design menus that avoid excessive use of saturated fats
- Use unsaturated oils such as olive oil and superior ground nut oils for cooking
- Avoid the overuse of flour, particularily in sauces. Where thickening is required we will use alternative gluten free flour which is suitable for special gluten free diets
- Focus on simple flavours to amplify the taste and natural goodness of the ingredients
- Prepare food that we know to be healthy and nutricious
- Continuously review our food policy from a health perspective
- Ensure we meet all of our clients’ special dietary needs
- Provide comprehensive information about all of our menus when required
- Always be flexible and be prepared to adapt to our clients’ wishes
Alternatively you may prefer to select from our list of approved catering partners, all of whom have experience of working in our venue.