Questions to Ask When Choosing a Wedding Venue
Finding a wedding venue can be a daunting task. Does it suit your style? Will it fit all your guests? Does it fit within your budget? There are so many factors to consider, so be sure to ask the right questions to ensure you’re choosing the right one!
Be sure to question the following before signing the contract:
- Is the venue available on my date? If you have a specific date in mind, your first question should be if the venue can accommodate you then. If you’re more flexible on your date, giving the venue a date range can be helpful.
- What does the price quote include? Often times, venues give you the minimum price of your venue. Do they include the seating arrangements? The staffing? The extras? Make sure you are aware of all the fees included before deciding on your venue.
- Is the location convenient for your guests? If you have elderly guests or visitors that may have mobility issues, it is important to consider them when choosing your venue. Does the wedding venue have accommodation available if the need arises? Additionally, considering how much parking there is and where the parking is in relation to the venue is helpful for all guests attending your special occasion.
- Will my guests be comfortable? What is the capacity of the space and how is it set up? Is there more than enough room for your guests? Will the wedding venue be comfortable temperature-wise for everyone in attendance? These questions can ensure that you and your guests are in a comfortable environment, able to enjoy every moment of your matrimonial celebration!
- What is the catering situation like? One of the most critical questions to ask a wedding venue involves feeding your guests! Does the venue only allow in-house catering options? Can you or do you have to bring in an outside caterer? All-inclusive venues can be convenient, but it is important to make sure you are happy with the menu choices and presentations before deciding.
- Is there a list of approved vendors or can I hire whoever I wish? Some wedding venues restrict the vendors that can work on their site. If that is the case for the venue you are touring, make sure that you are comfortable and happy with the services those vendors provide!
- Who is my main point of contact? When you have questions, you need a main point of contact to ensure they are all answered. If possible, request to meet the person that you will be working with, be sure that you have a good rapport with them and feel comfortable relying on them to ensure your big day is successful.